past in Inglese
adj. from a bygone time; passed, gone by; recently elapsed, just passed; preceding, previous
adv. in a time gone by; previously; beyond, by
Frasi Di Esempio
A man dressed as Superman flew past me!
In the past few weeks I had learned a lot about this spunky young queen.
In the past bullying was happening in the playgrounds at school.
The Queen was reported to have been sick every morning for the past week!
“Perhaps not at first,” said the Hatter: “but you could keep the needle at half past one as long as you liked.”
“He is dead”, she said; “he must have drowned in the river that flows past the school.”
“Half-past!” said Scrooge.
“A quarter past,” said Scrooge, counting.
A man dressed as Superman flew past me! It was all very surreal.
At half-past twelve the train stopped at Benares station.
1. gone: over, finished, done, done with, bygone, forgotten, gone by
2. former: antecedent, prior, preceding, foregoing, anterior, elapsed, gone by
3. recent: preceding, earlier, retired, late, one-time
4. expired: lapsed, over, elapsed, gone by
5. antiquity: history, long ago, days of yore
7. beyond: behind, through, by, farther, over, across, nearby