plain in Vietnamita
v. than phiền
a. rỏ ràng, minh bạch, phân minh, hiển nhiên, giản dị, không phiền phức, không rườm rà, bằng phẳng
adv. rỏ ràng, minh bạch, ngay thật, ngay thẳng
Frasi Di Esempio
After going about two hundred miles, the travellers at last found themselves on one of those vast plains that extend to the Atlantic.
“It is the plain truth,” said Mrs Dilber. “He has but that which he deserves.”
No wild cat, bear, or wolf appeared on the plain. It was a desert in its vast nakedness.
At the head of the line of servants was an elderly woman in a plain, black silk gown.
An absolute silence reigned on the plains. Neither the flight of a bird nor the passing of a beast disturbed the infinite calm.
The fields and streams disappeared under the uniform whiteness. The plain was absolutely deserted.
He crossed the great forest, then the vast plains, the marshes, and then once again profoundly deep woods. The wolves howled and the ravens cawed.
There were no plain ornaments in poor taste, but rather, just a few objects that could only have come from the hand of a woman.
Throughout the night Mrs Aouda, her spirit full of dark forebodings, her heart stifled with anguish, wandered about on the edge of the plains.
What course should he take? He was tempted to make his way across the vast white plains in pursuit of this Fogg!
1. direct: downright, sheer, transparent
2. obvious: apparent, clear, distinct, evident, intelligible, lucid, manifest
3. honest: artless, blunt, candid, direct, frank, guileless, ingenuous
4. simple: frugal, discreet, homely, dry, homey, unadorned, unpretentious
5. unattractive: homely, unbeautiful, ugly
6. ordinary: common, commonplace
7. level: even, flat, plane, smooth
8. prairie: level, expanse, plateau, mesa